Monday 24 August 2020

Oh Happy Days!!

There is nothing like messing about in boats and the same applies to a Morgan,  it's guaranteed to lift your spirits......  not that mine need lifting at present but you know what I mean.

                                                              Preparing to leave.

In fact,  a bit like Bertie Wooster I am feeling absolutely top ho!  What with restoring ancient fishing tackle and building model aircraft,  I am well and truly back in the 1950/60's and what is more I am driving a 1930's style roadster.

                    Singleton Fire Station,  'Fire Engine' is written on a plaque above the door.

But before I start getting melancholy and ruminating about past times,  what about this afternoon in 2020 during a pandemic.

Wrea Green with 'The Grapes' public house and the church in view. Bill Beaumont the former England  Rugby captain used to frequent the pub....perhaps still does! 

The weather today was not expected and only yesterday I was thinking about getting the screens on 'Nellie' in preparation for Autumn,  but the sun was shining and the Morgan and the open road beckoned , so off I went for an hour.

                                                           The pond at Wrea Green

Brilliant,  just brilliant.  Don't let anyone tell you that Morgans with all their little foibles are not fun...they are and full of it!

The pictures I hope will go some way to describe the enjoyment of not only the car but also of our lovely country.



No comments:

Post a Comment