Thursday 6 August 2020

60 Years on!!.....

 ......and here I am building a simple balsa rubber powered model from the Vintage Model Company in Buxton.  They do a huge range of their own designs and also the kits that old fossils like me used to build by such manufacturers as 'Frog' and 'Keil Kraft'.

Anyway, the deviation from model boat building during the present crisis was brought about by the fact that my two grandsons in Surrey have a wonderful area of open grassland that I thought would be ideal for flying a model plane.

So the idea was born and the prospect of trying my hand at building one gathered momentum.....the prospect of retrieving the aircraft,  if it does fly, does not fill me with much confidence however!  but theirs are young strong legs and they can do the 'donkey work'!

The pictures show the end result,  a beginners model and I can't wait to give it a try. 

I shall certainly be building another just for me...probably a First World War biplane.

Along with our Morgan which offers great fun and plenty of picnic opportunities,  these additional hobbies do offer some respite in these crazy times!

My other lovely grandson has just taken ownership of a fishing rod to compensate for not being particularly interested at this time in a model aircraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment