Tuesday 21 August 2018

"Take it to the garage"....

.....my wife said as I suggested that it was time to once more launch myself under the Morgan to grease the front suspension.

Anyway, regardless of this sound advice I attacked the job....well,  'attack'  is probably not the appropriate word! Have you ever seen a giant sloth on the attack!

I tell you it would have been pitiful to watch, but thankfully I was locked away in the Morgan garage, so nobody could see my physical contortions or hear my moans interspaced with colourful language.
PLEASE NOTE MY COMMENTS BELOW REFERRING TO THIS 2011 PHOTO!!

Is it my grease gun? Or is it just because I am getting totally inept as the years advance. There was grease everywhere and I suddenly realised that I had only two sheets of heavy duty tissue and a limited supply of wipes.What an unholy mess!

What with the nozzle of my grease gun constantly coming adrift from the nipple and then ceasing to work at all, the job took three times as long as normal.

Fortunately, my wife was not on hand to take photos of this sad event so I am using one that she took in June 2011, 7 years ago, when I was the sprightly age of 67!!

When viewing this photo, picture a similar scene but totally ignore the smile, it not appear this afternoon!!

No doubt I shall try to complete the job again in the future, but a trip to Halfords is definitely on the cards for more cleaning materials. 


No comments:

Post a Comment