Wednesday 8 August 2018

Over the bonnet and far away!

Well it's 16.40 in the UK., but it's 18.00 hours somewhere, so here I sit with a welcome Gin and Tonic and a small offering of Manchego cheese and luscious green olives....oh how we suffer in apparently one of the most deprived areas of England!
Across Morecambe Bay towards the English Lakes one of our favourite stomping grounds.
My summer motoring cap blew off in the fresh breeze today, on the way back from Fleetwood, but thankfully, due to my Morgan lanyard, it landed just behind my head and not in the middle of the road.




Both pictures towards Barrow and Black Combe the mountain on the hazy left.
One of those bright breezy days when I wish that I had left the sidescreens on because, apart from the fact that I am conscious that my titfer is going to blow off at any time, I know that it is absolutely necessary in the absence of sunvisors to avoid being dazzled by the sun.....and there has been a lot of it in the UK this summer.
Close-up of Barrow...amazing the zoom on these small cameras!
Topped up with BP Supreme grade fuel, only the best for 'Nellie', and had a long conversation with the lady Assistant who rather admired my 'old' car!

Wonderfully enjoyable drive today, the 4/4 is so nimble and I wouldn't want to swap her for any other model.

Time for another G & T so I will bring this missive to a close.


Still hoping to sneak away in the Mog for two or three days at the beginning of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment