Wednesday 11 July 2018

A Visit to the Shrine!

On this gorgeous July day, a day on which the England football team play Croatia in the World Cup semi final, we set off on what was to be a most pleasant drive to Southport in Lancashire.

It's about an hour from home during normal hours but at least half an hour longer in the 'rush hour'. But what the heck! We were there sitting in the sunshine in our beautiful car, attracting glances from most other drivers, at least those that are interested in classics.
The 'Shrine' in Southport
It was just one of those days when you are glad to be alive, although when you get to my age its a joy to wake up every morning...but you know what I mean!
The lovely shopping arcade,off Lord Street, Southport with bunting out for the World Cup England fixture.
The purpose of the trip was to the home of Morgan in Southport, Lifes Motors, where a new battery would be installed and a new 'smart charger' purchased so that the car can be left in the garage on permanent trickle charge.
Lord Street, Southport
This regular practice after each drive has enabled me to get 10 years trouble-free life out of the old battery, indeed it was only the failure of the 'Ring' trickle charger also after 10 years, that prompted me to decide to change the battery after such a long time.
The battery being installed.
What a pleasure it is to visit Lifes, the staff are great and of course there are always interesting motors to ogle at! Every visit re-charges my already keen interest in the marque and makes me realise what a lucky chap I am to have owned a Morgan for 10 years.
Part of the Showroom with a very desirable used V8 Plus 8 in blue at £82,000!!!
After an indifferent coffee and a toasted teacake in a very well known Southport department store we returned to Lifes to pick up the car, very pleased with the level of personal service received and a job very well done as usual.
What lurks under the sheets???
If only that store could make coffee to the same standard and quality as the service I have always received at Lifes!

I have never had such a tasteless brew as that, well perhaps I have, because I find in most places that the coffee served is rarely, if ever, up to the standards that I can achieve with Kenco De-Caff out of a jar and certainly not up to the coffee from our Nespresso machine!!

How I wish that I had bought some shares in Costa Coffee, seeing the thousands of people walking around with a cardboard carton of coffee at two and a half quid, in one hand and a mobile in the other!! Absolutely barmy!!!

But I digress!

Coupled with the fact that mine is a damn sight cheaper

No comments:

Post a Comment