Monday 21 September 2020

Biggles flies again!

Well it's finished!

After some weeks and extremely close attention to the instructions, Biggles can take to the skies again,  although I suspect he won't because  his operator no longer has the legs to chase after it!

                                                          Biggles awaiting take off

However,  it has brought back many memories of long ago when I sat in my bedroom,  building aircraft just like this.

For those who may be interested, the firm that produced the kit offers most of the old 'Keil Kraft' and 'Frog' models that many of you will be acquainted with  but now are all laser cut which dispenses with the need for much accurate cutting of balsa.  Their name is the 'Vintage Model Company' in Derbyshire and I would urge you, for nostalgia's sake to look at their website.

              Getting close, with jigs in place to get the correct geometry for the two wings.

The problem is,  where to display the six models I have completed during this ghastly period and I am afraid that this will probably be my last aircraft build because of limited shelf space to accommodate wingspans and my wife does not favour the idea of planes swooping down over the dining table or indeed in other locations in the house.

There again,  perhaps the loo might be an appropriate place where I and others might ponder the magnificence of my labours!!


2 comments:

  1. Dear Chris!
    I do not know IF you have send any mail ro me The last few months.
    IF so, I apologize for not answering. The reason is that My hotmail account probably has been hacked. Therefore I have been forced to get a New mailadress which is:
    sm7cqy@telia.com
    IF you receive this message please wrote a short mail to me, as I have forgotten your mailadress.
    Best regards,
    Ken in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete