Tuesday 20 October 2015

So.........

...........there are times when I get very annoyed indeed and this is one of those occasions.

Have my illustrious and devoted readers in the UK noticed the number of occasions on which many people, including those in the media, are beginning almost every response to a question with the word 'So'?

Most annoying and just as annoying as those people who now appear to have forgotten how to sound the 'x' in sixth.

Here is an example of the new 'sicth' times table.

                                        1 sicth is sic
                                        2 sicths are twelve
                                        3 sicths are eighteen  etc.,etc!

Where do these abominations in pronunciation originate?

What is more sad, is the fact that so many individuals suddenly jump on the bandwagon and start following the herd.

Anyway, now I've got that off my chest I'll get back to model boatbuilding!






1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean... Mine is the S pronounced as a Z . Why do some say uzz instead of us.

    ReplyDelete