Wednesday 9 May 2012

Plastic Carrier Bags

One thing that I didn't mention in my recent post about our trip to France, was the pleasure I gained from the fact that the Carrefour Group of Supermarkets, as well as all their competitors, have banned totally the issue of plastic carriers in their stores.

Meanwhile, in the UK, regardless of all the calls by politicians for a more environmentally aware society, they are still available for a derisory sum at the checkout and being used by the million, despite the damage they are causing.

Given due notice, as the population of France were, they could be totally withdrawn and, oh dear me, our utterly coddled community would have to remember to use their own shopping bags, when doing the weekly shop.

If France can do it, why can't we?

I'm now off for a drive to get the wind out of my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment