Friday 5 January 2018

Max enjoyment!!

During the period over Christmas and the launch of the New Year, the weather in Lancashire was grim, incessant rain and wind.

Both our daughters visited us in that period and I just happened to say to my eldest daughter that I would try and take her youngest for a drive in the Mog if the weather was suitable, he being the only one of our grandchildren who hadn't been in it.

Of course this was a fatal mistake because it was overheard by his brother and when suggestions are made such as mine they become firm promises in a child's mind, so I felt obliged to make every effort to fulfil that offer.
All smiles!

A long morning was spent viewing the western sky for a break in the cloud, wind and rain. At last there appeared to be a break in the heavens and the Morgan was quickly prepared.

Ted, our 3 year old grandson decided that he would be too frightened to attempt the trip, due to the astonishing speed of the car!!!!!! So his experience will have to wait for another time.

However, Max our eldest jumped at the chance and off we went, Max relishing all the glances and smiles from many of the other drivers, who were probably commenting on the stupidity of anyone using an open topped sports car in weather like that!

The rain stayed away for the 15 minute duration of our drive although the roads were very wet.

We both enjoyed it immensely.

I was able to fulfil my 'promise' and the car is once again under wraps having been cleaned and polished.

1 comment:

  1. So, now you have to give it another wash.
    My grandchildren also love when I take them for a ride.
    One of them, 7-year old Elias often ask me to go in higher speed.
    Tomorrow you have to read my blog as we have changed our daily car for a new one!

    ReplyDelete