Monday 8 April 2013

The crumbling pile!

Every year I am faced with the task of restoring the Victorian brick wall in our back yard, a tedious, messy and gruelling task that is vital, to avoid the obvious embarrassment and shame of it falling down on next doors three-legged cat that prowls in the shadow of the wall.

The whole wall is damp and the ancient bricks 'blow' at the onset of the first frosts resulting in a condition clearly demonstrated in the photographs.


It is something that preys on my mind each year and I always envisage that it is going to take many Morgan driving hours to complete, but in the event is generally finished in a couple of days. This year the problem has been exacerbated by the need for me to also paint the newly rendered outbuildings to the rear of our shop property.

Anyway, with both these major jobs completed,  I can now get on with a leisurely bit of gardening, interspaced by drives in the Morgan.....but oh I do wish Spring would finally arrive with a vengeance!

No comments:

Post a Comment