Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Across the sea to Ireland.

Yesterday we booked a delightful apartment at Castle Cove in Kerry, for a week at the end of June, and a sea crossing from Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire with Stena Line on their High Speed Ferry service, OK if the sea is calm, but hellish otherwise!

This is of course an ideal opportunity to exercise the Morgan and we are praying that the weather at the end of June will be sensational, although being realistic, we have to accept that Ireland does get its fair share of rain, so we shall not be surprised if the hood has to stay up on some occasions.

We intend to have an overnight stop on both the outward and inward journey, probably selecting B&Bs in the Kilkenny and Tipperary areas and we are in the process of selecting these.

I have always had a wish to travel the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsular and we are both quite excited by the prospect.

How I love holidays, especially having had to endure a rather long English winter and for the first of these we're off to Corfu in just over three weeks, (not in the Morgan!), and then some five weeks or so later we are having the trip to Ireland.

Nothing else has been fixed yet for the rest of the year, but it will be, and my firm intention is to watch the 8 day weather forecasts for the UK and when it looks promising just arrange a cottage or B&B at the last minute and do some more touring in the Morgan. There's still so much of the UK that we haven't seen.

Meanwhile, on with the route planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment