Sunday 30 October 2011

Birthday Lunch

My birthday tomorrow, how I reached 68 so quickly I'll never know. Anyway age is just a number and I feel much the same as I did when I was 30.
To celebrate this occasion my wife and I are driving in the Morgan, on what is a soft sunlit autumn day, to the Horns Inn at Goosnargh, near Longridge, Lancashire http://www.hornsinn.co.uk/. As a family we have been visiting this wonderful restaurant for possibly 60 years or so and what is more I don't think the menu has changed, at least the bit of it that we are interested in hasn't. We will be ordering soup and a main course of duck, the same order I have been making personally for 50 years!!
The sun is out and so will the Morgan be in an hour and then it's off on a lovely drive into the foothills of the Bleasdale Fells for what I know will be yet another memorable meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment